April – GREYLINE INSTRUMENTS INC – SFM 6.1 ULTRASONIC SLURRY FLOW METER
The Greyline SFM 6.1 was specifically developed for the slurry applications found in today’s coal fired power plants. Using a proprietary algorithm specifically designed for measuring slurry flow, the SFM 6.1 incorporates more than 25 years of Greyline ultrasonic flow measurement experience.
The SFM 6.1 Slurry Flow Meter works best in applications that would defeat regular contacting flow meters. Because the Sensor is mounted on the outside of the pipe, it is unaffected by abrasive slurries or harsh chemicals. There is no obstruction to flow and no pressure drop.
Easy to Install
Each SFM 6.1 Slurry Flow Meter includes a strap-on ultrasonic sensor, an adjustable stainless steel mounting clamp and sensor coupling compound. The sensor fits on the outside of any pipe diameter ½” (12.7 mm) or larger. It takes just a few minutes to install. There is no need to shut down flow.
- Digital processing system tracks flow signals accurately and auto-zeroes with signal loss
- Noise suppression circuitry filters “dirty” power and electrical interference from most VFD’s
- Automatically converts between measurement units (e.g. gallons or liters)
- Calibration data and Totalizer values are stored automatically during power interruptions
- Output “simulation” function simplifies calibration of remote devices (e.g. chart recorders or controllers)
- Self-tunes to Sensor cable length
- Optimized for Slurries
- Easy, Intuitive Set-Up
- 5 Button Menu System
- Isolated 4-20mA Output
- Up to 6 Control Relays
- Optional Built In Data Logger
Optimized for accurate slurry flow measurement including limestone slurry, fly ash slurry and gypsum slurry in coal powered generating stations.